Friday, December 19, 2014

October 15, 2012 - Dover, Delaware

Well i don’t want to frighten anyone with what went on this weekend but it was not a good one! So i don’t know if i have mentioned in the last e-mails my knee had been swollen up and hurting, i think i bumped it playing basketball of volleyball or something, then i was talking about being a little sick. Well that all hit hard this weekend. So it all began on Friday we went and helped someone move that morning i didn’t do much cause the day before my knee had gone down but then it got big again that morning, so i was a little worried to do anything on it. So That night i went on an exchange with the assistants so i went up to phili with Elder Bezas for the night. So that night i couldn’t sleep i was throwing up, pooping up blood, had a bad fever, chills, sweating really bad, chest pain and couldn't breathe really. So i was like crying it hurt so bad, so at 3 in the morning i woke Elder Bezas up to give me a blessing, i was able to sleep 2 hours that night. So first thing in the morning i called the mission doctor, sister Shaefermeyer and tried figuring something out. They told me to go to an urgent care place, so i did. When i got there and the doctor looked at it she was like "oh no this is bad" she couldn't really do anything there so they sent me to the E.R., at this point in my mind i was freaking out going through all the bad situations, i was like oh no I’m going home what am i going to do it just scared me! So i got there and it took awhile for me to get in. But they just ran some blood tests, they tapped my knee, which means basically they took a big needle and tried looking for an infection in my joint, it hurt! haha but they didn't find anything. SO they basically just gave me antibiotics, a steroid and pain meds and sent me off. 

The sickness has gone away, but the pain and the swelling in the knee is still there! I cant do anything really for a few days so i have been just sleeping the medicine knocks me out! But luckily we have the best ward mission leader he just takes care of us all day! But hopefully it will get better soon, for now i am just crutching around trying to stay off of it as much as possible!
Anyways other than that we had a really good week! haha Guess what? i am going to the temple tomorrow even though its going to be tough with the knee i am so excited! one of the families i re-taught in my first area in Reading is going to the temple to get their endowments out and be sealed! i am so happy for them and this is for sure one of the highlights of my mission, i will be sure to take a lot of pictures for all of you to see. Also we have some cool investigators that should be getting baptized in the upcoming weeks so all is good here, Its just really hard at the moment cause i want to get out and work but I cant so, please can you all pray for me so i can recover fast and get back out there. I need the Lords help! I love you all, you’re all amazing!

Thanks for everything,


Elder Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment